Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pine spa baths

I have recently discovered a delightful way to end the day! I LOVE the smell of pine. It is the scent of Christmas trees, and the lumber mill back home. I recently read about pine spa baths and have been taking one every night. They are heavenly. Apparently there are different ways of doing them, but I put several drops of pine essential oil under the water while it is running. The scent is intoxicating and it leaves your skin feeling very soft. On days when I really need to relax, I'll light some pine scented candles and turn off the light. I like to put on lotion when I'm done. Right now I'm in love with Jergens soft shimmer lotion. It makes your skin sparkle! I then put on my silk jammies and I am ready for bed. I highly recommend it! If you don't like pine-scented things, you can use any other essential oil. Just be sure to do a small skin test to make sure you're not allergic first.

No comments: